There lived a poor but worthy farmer in a village. With the small income of his few acres of land, he used to support himself, his wife and seven children. One day while walking through the fields, he was thinking of how he could add to his income. He found a purse of gold which had been dropped by a passer-by. He carried it home and showed it to his wife sho advised him to use it or at least a part of it for themselves. the honest farmer told his wife that honesty is the best policy and that he would first try to find out the man who had lost it. the owner of the purse, a very wealthy man, was at last discovered by the farmer. the rich man took the purse and gave him thanks, but no reward. the wife rebuked the husband for his foolishness. the farmer kept saying. "Honesty is the best policy"
This is the Comprehension for you and now you kids should be asked some questions, Read though the story carefully and try to understand what the meaning of that story and get ready for answer. Firstly go through the questions attentively.
- How did the farmer support himself and his family ?
- How did the farmer come by a gold purse?
- What did his wife advise him to do?
- What was the reply of the farmer to his wife's request?
- Why did the wife consider her husband foolish?
You will found the answer bellow but I would like to request you to write those question on your Note and try yourself to get answer.
- The poor farmer supported himself and his family with the small income of his few acres of land.
- One day while walking through the fields, he found a purse of gold which was dropped by a passer-by.
- His wife advised him to use the purse of gold or at least a part of it for themselves.
- The Farmer replied that honesty is the best policy and he would try to find out the man who had lost it.
- The owner of the purse took back the purse and gave him thanks but no reward. so the wife of the farmer considered her husband foolish.
Really, I think that you found the post very interesting and keep your eyes to see update. Thank you.